Today marks a week of my return from Thailand. Vacations are really not a time for relaxation for me, as I want to see and do as much as I can while visiting a new destination. Relaxation happens on the weekends, although lately the weekends have been designated for work and projects. However, getting away to the furthest part of the earth that I have been was my goal on this trip.
After my birthday in November, I had the travel itch. I had just booked my Mexico trip, but still wanted to book another vacation. I decided to treat myself to a trip I could only dream of; where the place was exotic, the cuisine was amazing and the beauty of the country was inspiring. After doing some research I decided on Thailand. The beaches are some of the best in the world and the residents are known for their kindness.
With minimal planning, I used the Audley Travel agency to get our trip squared away. They were great at assisting all the needs and wants, as well as keeping to the guidelines of what type of experience we were looking for. Overall the trip was amazing, memorable and affordable. I would recommend everyone to visit Thailand at least once in his or her lifetime.
Here are the top 10 things to do while visiting Thailand.
Visit The Temples
2. Eat the Street food / the food is hands down better than the restaurant food.
3. Visit a night market / Bangkok has so many they will cater to your every need.
4. Go on a bike tour in the country side.
5. Visit Patara Elephant Farm
6. Rent a private long tail boat for snorkeling & island hoping
7. Have a Thai Massage
- They range from $8 - $100 and run for about 1 hour. I did a $10 and $30 message, both great in their own ways.
8. Make reservation for tea at The Mandarin Oriental
9. Book flights to visit other places within Thailand. We visited Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Krabi & Ko Lanta.
Good seating, great service & affordable tickets.
Luxury, Great seating & higher price point tickets.
Tight seating, friendly service & cheap tickets.
**This site allows you to compare all the Thai airline prices.**
10. Order a cup of coffee. Thailand has a strong coffee industry that many Westerners are not aware of, there are so many coffee houses to visit and they are all unique and tasty.
On a final note, there are a few things to be aware of if you are a selective traveler. In March the villagers burn their crops, this then creates a thick smoke around certain parts of Thailand. Also, Thailand is not as modernized as some other countries. Bangkok can be a bit dirty to some and the views of women are still very traditional. Whenever visiting another country you must always be conscious of their culture and values. With that said, I still loved Thailand and would return sooner than later.